Why Did Optimist International Develop the Personal Growth and Involvement Program (PGI)?
- To create the standard of a good Optimist member.
- To offer every member an opportunity to receive personal benefits when joining an Optimist Club.
- To make sure every Optimist Club offers every member the challenges he/she needs to become a better leader.
- To give the proper recognition to every member of the Club based on clear challenges.
- To promote a better understanding of Optimist International at every level of the organization.
- To help everyone promote the Optimist philosophy throughout the world.
- To help the Club President receive all the support, he/she needs to accomplish a better year.
The PGI Program offers every Optimist Club Member the opportunity to grow personally and learn more about Optimism while advancing through ten levels of involvement, personal growth, and achievement.
- Allows Club Members to be recognized and appreciated for personal and professional accomplishments.
- Gives Members an opportunity to participate in long-term Club involvement while learning more about Optimism.
- Gives each Member the personal responsibility for his/her involvement in the Club’s activities.
- Offers personal growth opportunities to each Member.
Elements of PGI.include:
Knowledge of the Organization
Personal Growth/Self Development
The Program is completely voluntary but many of our members have found it to be fun and informational. If you are interested in learning more about the Program, please contact our PGI Chair, Marilyn Lenox-Bosma at [email protected]m[button-blue url=”http://www.optimistleaders.org/LeadershipInfo/PersonalDevelopment/pgi-pamphlet-2013.pdf” target=”_self” position=”left”]PGI Program PDF[/button-blue]