An Optimist Club is a group of concerned citizens joining together to help the youth in their community. The Optimist Club motto is “Friend of Youth”. Working directly with young people in their community, Optimist Club members organize and conduct many types of events and programs for youth. Each Optimist Club tailors its service activities to meet the needs of its community. Often, an Optimist Club will respond to a special local need… by providing relief to disaster victims, or by building athletic fields, or by sponsoring youth bands or choral groups… anything is possible to an Optimist Club member! Funding for an Optimist Club’s projects is generated from within that club’s community, and the funds generated tend to stay there… Where they can do the most good.
The Purposes of an Optimist Club
- To develop Optimism as a philosophy of life.
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs.
- To inspire respect for law.
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people.
- To aid and encourage the development of youth in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well being of human-kind, the community and the world.
If you would like more information about becoming a member of the Breakfast Optimist Club of Kalamazoo, please contact our Director of Membership, Val Lippincott, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.